Here’s a list of things not so many people know about me. As even though I do talk a lot, it’s rarely about myself or anything specific about my disability. I have found that people’s favourite subject is themselves, so here’s a little bit about me.
1.My right leg is like 2- 3 inches longer than my left leg
2. 11 years ago, I had to have surgery on my right new to stop my right leg growing so much faster than my left leg.
3. Due to the surgery I had to spend half of year 9 out of school because I couldn’t walk and needed a lot assistance with everything.
4. Because I couldn’t walk for nearly half the year, I have a stair lift in my house.
5. I really hate exercising, so when I didn’t have mandatory physiotherapy, I didn’t do anything. I still don’t.
6. I used to be able to do the splits and put my left leg behind my head. Due to my disinterest of all things exercise, I can’t anymore.
7. While non disability related, when I was in year 4 or 5, my mother made me have jericurls. They were as bad as they sound.
8. I was quite a tomboy back in the day, so for my secondary school leaving party instead of wearing a dress, I wore a suit. And I looked great.
9. When I was in school, one time when I fell over [I fell over often], a boy near me was worried that something had happened to me and didn’t move for a while, to which I said “Don’t just stand there, help me up!”. He did.
10. Until like 6 or 7 years ago, whenever people would ask me what had happened to my leg, I would refuse to answer.
11. I came to London when I was 5 years old and could only speak Yoruba and Hausa. As I didn’t speak any English by the time I had started school, I was quiet and the teachers were worried that I was slow. They are still worried.
12. Even though I am shorter than most of the people I know now, back in year 6 and the beginning of year 7 I was one of the taller students. I peaked early.
13. I am annoyed that I can never pretend to be somebody else, or just tell people that I only look like someone they know, I have too many clues attached to me. This is also why I haven’t robbed a bank.
14. I have not let anyone apart from the mama and the papa visit me in hospital before or after surgery. I prefer to see people when I am tip top.
So there it is, a random list of information about yours truly. Yes, I am exceptionally interesting.
Comments are closed.